As the 62-year-old Texas native leans back from his desktop computer in his small apartment, he details his journey from a successful radio career to a mental breakdown, to the streets, to shelter and finally to treatment and a healthy, happy life in this tidy complex at perhaps the most enviable corner of Santa Monica, steps from the Third Street Promenade, a short walk to the beach.
- Family disputes sheriff’s claims as he tries to clear the air about Andrew Holland’s death
- More questions about Holland death and jailing the mentally ill at sheriff’s town hall
- Hold Sheriff Parkinson accountable
- Jimmy Paulding cares about South County
- Treating and housing the mentally ill is harder than jailing them. But it might actually work