The family of the Atascadero man who died in San Luis Obispo County Jail after being strapped in a restraint chair for more than 46 hours has contributed $25,000 to the challenger in the county sheriff race and another $25,000 to the candidate attempting to unseat the county’s district attorney.
- Family disputes sheriff’s claims as he tries to clear the air about Andrew Holland’s death
- More questions about Holland death and jailing the mentally ill at sheriff’s town hall
- Hold Sheriff Parkinson accountable
- Jimmy Paulding cares about South County
- Treating and housing the mentally ill is harder than jailing them. But it might actually work